Lotus 72 Haynes Manual
Lotus 72 Owners’ Manual is an insight into owning, racing and maintaining Lotus’s legendary Formula 1 car. Here, in this new Haynes Manual, is a unique perspective on what it takes to restore, maintain and race a Lotus 72, as well as an insight into the design and engineering of this legendary racing car.
• The Lotus 72 story: teething troubles; debut win in 1970 Dutch GP; Rindt’s
posthumous World Championhip in 1970; a lean year in 1971 with no wins; another
title in 1972, for Fittipldi; team-mates Ronnie Peterson and Fittipaldi take seven
wins in 1973; protracted old age with active use lasting into 1975.
• Anatomy of the Lotus 72: aerodynamics, chassis, engine, transmission, suspension,
steering, brakes, wheels and tyres, electrics.
• Restore for track use: restoration projects; obtaining spare parts; making
• The owner’s view: buying a Lotus 72; values and insurance.
• The driver’s view: racing in period; racing now.
• The engineer’s view: maintenance and repairs; set-up for racing
Hardback, 270 x 210mm, 160pp
Written by Ian Wagstaff
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!